Publications from 1989 to present
1. H. Rastegari, A-S Nizami, M. Tabatabaei, H. S. Ghaziaskar, Review on the catalytic etherification of glycerol with tert-butanol, Submitted to “Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews” 2022.
2. M. Aghbashlo, H. Rastegari, H. S. Ghaziaskar, H. Hosseinzadeh-Bandbafhae, M. H. Nadian, A. Shafizadeh, Su S. Lamc, M. Tabatabaei, Exergy, economic, and environmental assessment of ethanol dehydration to diesel fuel additive diethyl ether, Fuel, 308, 121918, 2022.
3. S. M. Hosseini, M. Ghiaci, S. A. Kulinich, W. Wunderlich, H. S. Ghaziaskar, A. Javaheri Koupaei, Ethyl benzene oxidation under aerobic conditions using cobalt oxide imbedded in nitrogen-doped carbon fibre felt wrapped by spiral TiO2-SiO2, Applied Catalysis A: General, Vol. 630, 118456, 2022.
4. M. Dodangeh, H. Farrokhpour, M. Tabrizchi, H.S. Ghaziaskar, A facile method for sample preparation of ore for quantitative analysis by laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry using an internal standard, Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, 36, 1576-1581, 2021.
5. S. Amid, M. Aghbashlo, W. Peng, A. Hajiahmad, B, Najafi, H.S. Ghaziaskar, H. Rastegari, P. Mohammadi, Su Shiung Lam, M. Tabatabaei, Exergetic performance evaluation of a diesel engine powered by diesel/ biodiesel mixtures containing oxygenated additive ethylene glycol diacetate, Science of the Total Environment, 792, 148435, 2021.
6. R.F. Zarandi, B. Rezaei, H.S. Ghaziaskar, A.A. Ensafi, Modification of copper electrode with copper nanoparticles@ reduced graphene oxide–Nile blue and its application in electrochemical CO2 conversion, Materials Today Energy 18, 100507, 2020.
7. R Baghalian Nejad, MK Amini, H.S. Ghaziaskar, Separation of Thorium from Zirconium Carbide Waste by Liquid–Liquid Extraction Using Tri-n-octylamine Solvent after Selective Acid Leaching, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 59 (47), 20866-20876, 2020.
8. R.F. Zarandi, B. Rezaei, H.S. Ghaziaskar, A.A. Ensafi, Synthesis of graphene oxide-polychrysoidine nanocomposite for supercapacitor applications, Journal of Energy Storage, 29, 101334, 2020.
9. S. Amid, M. Aghbashlo, M. Tabatabaei, A. Hajiahmad, B. Najafi, H.S. Ghaziaskar, H.Rastegari, H. Hosseinzadeh-Bandbafha, P. Mohammadi, Effects of waste-derived ethylene glycol diacetate as a novel oxygenated additive on performance and emission characteristics of a diesel engine fuelled with diesel/biodiesel blends, 203, 112245, 2020.
10. S.M. Hosseini, M. Ghiaci, S.A. Kulinich, W. Wunderlich, B. Hosseini Monjezi, Y. Ghorbani, H.S. Ghaziaskar, A.J. Koupaei, Au-Pd Nanoparticles Enfolded in Coil-like TiO2 Immobilized on Carbon Fibres Felt as Recyclable Nanocatalyst for Benzene Oxidation under Mild Conditions, Journal of Applied Surface Science, 506, 144-644, 2020.
11. R.F. Zarandi, B.Rezaei, H.S. Ghaziaskar, A.A. Ensafi, Electrochemical conversion of CO2 to methanol using a glassy carbon electrode, modified by Pt@ histamine-reduced graphene oxide, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 44, 59, 30820-30831, 2019.
12. R. F. Zarandi, B. Rezaei, H. S. Ghaziaskar, A. A. Ensafi, Electrochemical Reduction of CO2 to Ethanol Using Copper Nanofoam Electrode and 1-Butyl-3-Methyl-Imidazolium Bromide as the Homogeneous Co-Catalyst, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 7, 103141, 2019
13. M. Tabatabaei, M. Aghbashlo, B. Najafi, H. Hosseinzadeh-Bandbafha, S. Faizollahzadeh Ardabili, E. Akbarian, E. Khalife, P. Mohammadi, H. Rastegari, H. S Ghaziaskar, Environmental impact assessment of the mechanical shaft work produced in a diesel engine running on diesel/biodiesel blends containing glycerol-derived triacetin, Journal of Cleaner Production, 223, 466-486, 2019.
14. B. Najafi, E. Akbarian, S M. Lashkarpour, M. Aghbashlo, H. S Ghaziaskar, M. Tabatabaei Modelling of a dual fuelled diesel engine operated by a novel fuel containing glycerol triacetate additive and biodiesel using artificial neural network tuned by genetic algorithm to reduce engine emissions, Energy, 168, 1128-1137, 2019.
15. H. Rastegari, H. Jazini, H. S. Ghaziaskar, M. Yalpani, Applications of Biodiesel By-products, A Book Chapter on Biodiesel, Springer 2019.
16. M. Aghbashlo, M. Tabatabaei, H. Rastegari, H. S. Ghaziaskar, Optimization of continuous glycerol esterification with acetic acid based on exergoeconomic and exergoenvironmental approaches, Sustainable Production and Consumption 17, 62–73, 2019.
17. M. Aghbashlo, S. Hosseinpour, M. Tabatabaei, H. Rastegari, H. S. Ghaziaskar, Multi-objective exergoeconomic and exergoenvironmental optimization of continuous synthesis of solketal through glycerol ketalization with acetone in the presence of ethanol as co-solvent, Renewable Energy, 130, 735-748, 2019.
18. M. Aghbashlo, M. Tabatabaei, H. Rastegari, H. S. Ghaziaskar, T. Roodbar Shojaei, On the exergetic optimization of solketalacetin synthesis as a green fuel additive through ketalization of glycerol-derived monoacetin with acetone, Renewable Energy, 126, 242-253, 2018.
19. M. Aghbashlo, M. Tabatabaei, H. Rastegari, H. S. Ghaziaskar, E. Valijanian, Exergoeconomic and exergoenvironmental co-optimization of continuous fuel additives (acetins) synthesis from glycerol esterification with acetic acid using Amberlyst 36 catalyst, Energy Conversion and Management, 165, 183-194, 2018.
20. M. Aghbashlo, M. Tabatabaei, H. Rastegari, H. S. Ghaziaskar, Exergy-based sustainability analysis of acetins synthesis through continuous esterification of glycerol in acetic acid using Amberlyst®36 as catalyst, “Journal of Cleaner Production, 183, 1265-1275, 2018.
21. M. Aghbashlo, M. Tabatabaei, H. Rastegari, H. S. Ghaziaskar, E. Valijanian, “Exergy-based optimization of a continuous reactor applied to produce value-added chemicals from glycerol through esterification with acetic acid”, Energy, 150, 351-362, 2018.
22. Y. Gorji and H. S. Ghaziaskar Synthesis of Solketalacetin as a Green Fuel Additive via Ketalization of Monoacetin with Acetone Using Silica Benzyl Sulfonic Acid as Catalyst Biofuel Research Journal, 17, 753-758, 2018.
23. M. Aghbashlo, M. Tabatabaei, S. Hosseinpour, H. Rastegari, H. S. Ghaziaskar, Multi-objective exergy-based optimization of continuous glycerol ketalization to synthesize solketal as a biodiesel additive in subcritical acetone, Energy Conversion and Management, 160, 251-261, 2018.
24. Y. Gorji and H. S. Ghaziaskar “Continuous Synthesis of a Green Fuel Additive Mixture with Highest Quantities of Solketalacetin and Solketal and Lowest Amount of Diacetin from Biodiesel-Derived Glycerol” Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, 29, 1218-1224, 2018.
25. H. Rastegari , H. S. Ghaziaskar, Mohammad Yalpani, Amin Shafiei, Development of a continuous system based on azeotropic reactive distillation to enhance triacetin selectivity in glycerol esterification with acetic acid, Energy & Fuels, 31, 8256–8262, 2017.
26. M. Tangestanifard and H. S. Ghaziaskar “Arenesulfonic Acid-Functionalized Bentonite as Catalyst in Glycerol Esterification with Acetic Acid” Catalysts 7, 211-223, 2017.
27. A. Shafiei, H. Rastegari, H. S. Ghaziaskar, and M. Yalpani, Ethyl acetate trans-esterification with glycerol to synthesize acetins using ethyl acetate as reactant and entrainer, Biofuel Research Journal, 13, 565-570, 2017.
28. K. Azadkish, M.T. Jafari, H.S. Ghaziaskar, New Approach Based on Negative Corona Discharge–Ion Mobility Spectrometry for Investigating Oxygen Adsorbents Performance, Anal. Chim. Acta, 953, 32-39, 2017.
29. H.S. Ghaziaskar, S. Afsari, M. Rezayat and H. Rastegari, “Quaternary solubility of acetic acid, diacetin and triacetin in supercritical carbon dioxide”, The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 119, 52-57, 2017.
30. Y. Gorji and H. S. Ghaziaskar “Optimization of Solketalacetin Synthesis as a Green Fuel Additive from Ketalization of Monoacetin with Acetone” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research Journal, 55, 6904–6910, 2016.
31. M. Tangestanifard and H.S. Ghaziaskar “Methylation of Toluene with Methanol in Sub/Supercritical Toluene with H-beta Zeolite as a Catalyst”, The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 113, 80-88, 2016.
32. M.R. Nanda, Y. Zhang, Z. Yuan, W. Qin, H.S. Ghaziaskar, C. Xu “Catalytic conversion of glycerol for sustainable production of solketal as a fuel additive: A review” Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 56, 1022-1031, 2016.
33. H.S. Ghaziaskar, J.S. Razavizade and K. Zare, “Hydrolysis and oxidation of sodium toluene sulfonate in sub-/supercritical water in the presence of CO2 or H2O2” The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 107, 61-68. 2016.
34. H. Kamali, E. Khodaverdi, F. Hadizadeh, S.H. Ghaziaskar, “Optimization of phenolic and flavonoid content and antioxidants capacity of pressurized liquid extraction from Dracocephalum Kotschyi via circumscribed central composite” The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 107, 307-314, 2016.
35. H. Rastegari and H.S. Ghaziaskar, “From glycerol as the by-product of biodiesel production to value-added monoacetin by continuous and selective esterification in acetic acid”, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 21, 856–861, 2015.
36. H. Rastegari, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and M. Yalpani “Valorization of biodiesel derived glycerol to acetins by continuous esterification in acetic acid: focusing on high selectivity to diacetin and triacetin with no by-products”, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research 54 (13), 3279–3284, 2015.
37. M.R. Nanda, Z. Yuan, W. Qin, H.S. Ghaziaskar, M.A. Poirier, and C. Xu “Catalytic conversion of glycerol to oxygenated fuel additive in a continuous flow reactor: Process optimization”, Fuel, 128, 113-119, 2014.
38. M.R. Nanda, Z. Yuan, W. Qin, H.S. Ghaziaskar, M.A. Poirie, and C. Xu “A new continuous-flow process for catalytic conversion of glycerol to oxygenated fuel additive: Catalyst screening” Applied Energy, 123, 75, 2014.
39. M. Shirani, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and C. Xu, "Optimization of Glycerol Ketalization to Produce Solketal as Biodiesel Additive in a Continuous Reactor with Sub/supercritical Acetone Using Purolite® PD206 as Catalyst", Fuel Processing Technology Journal, 124, 206-211 2014.
40. S.Y. Rahni, N. Mirghaffari, B. Rezaei, H.S. Ghaziaskar, “Removal of Phosphate from Aqueous Solutions Using a Modified Bentonite-Derived Hydrogel”, Water, Air, & Soil Pollution, 225, 1916, 2014.
41. M.R. Nanda, Z. Yuan, W. Qin, H.S. Ghaziaskar, M.A. Poirier, and C. Xu “Thermodynamic and kinetic studies of a catalytic process to convert glycerol into solketal as an oxygenated fuel additive” Fuel, 117, Part A, 470-477, 2014.
42. A. Rahmanian and H.S. Ghaziaskar “Continuous Dehydration of Ethanol to Diethyl Ether over Aluminium-Phosphate-Hydroxyapatite Catalyst under Supercritical Condition“, The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2013, 78, 34-41.
43. H.S. Ghaziaskar and C. Xu, “One-step Continuous Process for the Production of 1-Butanol and 1-Hexanol by Catalytic Conversion of Bioethanol at Its Sub-/Supercritical State“ RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 4271-4280.
44. H. Kamali, H.S. Ghaziaskar, A. Khakshour, and M. Kaboudvand “ScCO2 extraction of phthalic anhydride, benzoic acid and maleic acid from petrochemical wastes” The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2013, 74, 46-51.
45. A. Rahmanian, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and T. Khayamian “Direct Coupling of Packed Column Supercritical Fluid Chromatography to Continuous Corona Discharge Ion Mobility Spectrometry“, Journal of Chromatography A, 2013, 1272, 126-131.
46. S.M. Ghoreishi, K. Ansari, H.S. Ghaziaskar “Supercritical extraction of toxic heavy metals from aqueous waste via Cyanex 301 as chelating agent” Journal of Supercritical Fluids 2012, 72, 288-297.
47. S.M. Ghoreishi, H. Kamali, H.S. Ghaziaskar, “Optimization of Supercritical Extraction of Linalyl Acetate from Lavender via Box-Behnkon Design” Chemical Engineering & Technology, 2012, 35, 1641–1648.
48. M. Arshadi, M. Ghiaci, A. Rahmanian, H.S. Ghaziaskar, A. Gil, “Oxidation of Ethylbenzene to Acetophenone by a Mn Catalyst Supported on a Modified Nanosized SiO2/Al2O3 Mixed-oxide in ScCO2” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2012, 119-120, 81–90.
49. M. Daneshvar, H. Kamali, M. Masoomi, and H.S. Ghaziaskar, “ScCO2 grafting of glycidyl methacrylate onto medium density polyethylene and purification of residual monomer and initiator” The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 70 (2012) 119–125.
50. S. Mirmahdieh, A. Mardihallaj, Z. Hashemian, J. Razavizadeh, H.S. Ghaziaskar, T. Khayamian, “Analysis of testosterone in human urine using molecularly imprinted solid-phase extraction and corona discharge ion mobility spectrometry” Journal of Separation Science, 2011, 34, 107-112.
51. S.M. Ghoreishi, E., Mardani, H.S. Ghaziaskar, ”Separation of γ-Linolenic and other Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids from Boraginaceae via ScCO2” Journal of Separation Science, 2011, 34, 233-240.
52. A. Sheibani, M. Tabrizchi, and H. Ghaziaskar, “Determination of Methadone in Human Hair by Headspace Extraction and Ion Mobility Spectrometry”, Analytical Letters, 2011, 44, 667-675.
53. M. Rezayat and H.S. Ghaziaskar, Continuous Extraction of Glycerol Acetates from their Mixture Using ScCO2, The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2011, 55, 937-943.
54. G. Paniri, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and M. Rezayat, “Ternary Solubility of Mono- and Di-tert-Butyl Ethers of Glycerol in ScCO2” The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2010, 55, 43-48.
55. M. Esteki, M. Rezayat, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and T. Khayamian, “Application of QSPR for Prediction of Conversion Percent of Esterification Reactions in scCO2 Using Least Squared Support Vector Machine Regression, The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2010, 54, 222-230.
56. H. Kamali, and H.S. Ghaziaskar, “Pressurized Hot Water Extraction of Benzoic Acid and Phthalic Anhydride from Petrochemical Wastes Using a Modified Supercritical Fluid Extractor and Factorial Design for Optimization” The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2010, 54, 16-21.
57. H. Sahihi, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and M. Hajebrahimi, “Solubility of Maleic Acid in ScCO2“, Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, 2010, 55, 2596-2599.
58. A.H., Khoshgoftarmanesh, S. Taheri, H. Shariatmadari, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and R.L. Chaney, “Using Acid-washing Leachates of Ground Tire Rubber and Its Ash as Zinc Source for Hydroponics-grown Tomato", Journal of Residuals Science & Technology, 2010, 7(1), 69-72.
59. H. Shekarchizadeh, M. Kadivar, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and M. Rezayat, “Optimization of Enzymatic Synthesis of Cocoa Butter Analog from Camel Hump Fat in scCO2 by Response Surface Method”, The Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2009, 49, 209-215.
60. S.M. Ghoreishi, R.G. Shahrestani, and H.S. Ghaziaskar “Experimental and Modeling Investigation of SFE of Mannitol from Olive Leaves” Chemical Engineering & Technology, 2009, 32, 45-54.
61. M. Rezayat and H.S. Ghaziaskar “Continuous Synthesis of Triacetin in ScCO2”, Green Chemistry, 2009, 11, 710–715.
62. H.S. Ghaziaskar and A. Sheibani, “Pressurized Fluid Extraction for Quantitative Recovery of Aflatoxins B1 and B2 from Pistachio” Food Control, 2009, 20, 124-128.
63. A. Sheibani, M. Tabrizchi, and H.S. Ghaziaskar "Determination of Aflatoxins B1 and B2 Using Ion Mobility Spectrometry", Talanta, 2008, 75 (1), 233-238.
64. H.S. Ghaziaskar and A. Sheibani "Pressurized Fluid Extraction of Pistachio Oil Using a Modified Supercritical Fluid Extractor and Factorial Design for Optimization", LWT – Food Science and Technology, 2008, 41(8), 1472-1477.
65. M. Kaboudvand and H.S. Ghaziaskar "Solubility of Tridodecylamine in ScCO2", Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, 2008, 53(8), 1841-1845.
66. M. Kaboudvand and H.S. Ghaziaskar "Solubility of Trioctylamine in ScCO2", Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2008, 44 (2), 148-154.
67. A. Rahmanian and H.S. Ghaziaskar “Selective Extraction of Maleic Acid and Phthalic Acid by scCO2 Saturated with Trioctylamine“, Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2008, 46, 118-122.
68. A. Daneshfar, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and N. Homayoun, “Solubility of Gallic Acid in Methanol, Ethanol, Water, and Ethyl Acetate“, Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, 2008, 53, 776-778.
69. A. Daneshfar, H.S. Ghaziaskar, L. Shiri, M.H. Manafi, M. Nikorazm, and S. Abassi, “Synthesis of 2-Ethylhexyl-2-ethyl Hexanoate Catalyzed by Immobilized Lipase in n-Hexane: A Kinetic Study” Biochemical Engineering Journal, 2007, 37(3), 279-284.
70. H.S. Ghaziaskar, L. Calvo, and A. Daneshfar, "Continuous Esterification or Dehydration in ScCO2" Green Chemistry, 2006, 8, 576-581.
71. H.S. Ghaziaskar, A. Daneshfar, and M. Rezayat "The Co-solubility of 2-Ethylhexanoic Acid and Some Liquid Alcohols in ScCO2 "Fluid Phase Equilibria, 2005, 238, 106-111.
72. M.D. Romero, L. Calvo, C. Alba, A. Daneshfar, and H.S. Ghaziaskar, “Enzymatic Synthesis of Isoamyl Acetate with Immobilized Candida Antarctica Lipase in n-Hexane”, Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 2005, 37, 42-48.
73. H.S. Ghaziaskar, H. Eskandari, and A. Daneshfar, "Solubility of 2-Ethyl-1-Hexanol, 2-Ethyl Hexanoic Acid, and their Mixtures in ScCO2", Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, 2003, 48, 236-240.
74. H.S. Ghaziaskar and M. Nikravesh, "Solubility of Butyl Acetate and Hexanoic Acid in ScCO2" Fluid Phase Equilibria, 2003, 206, 215-221.
75. H.S. Ghaziaskar and A. Daneshfar, "Solubility of 2-Ethyl-1-Hexyl-2-Ethyl Hexanoate in Binary and Quaternary Systems in ScCO2" Journal of supercritical Fluids, 2003, 25, 1-6.
76. H. Eskandari, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and A.A. Ensafi, "Solid-Liquid Separation after Liquid-Liquid Extraction for Determination of Palladium Using alpha-Benzilmonoxime", Analytical Letters, 2001, 34(14), 2535-2546.
77. H. Eskandari, H.S. Ghaziaskar, and A.A. Ensafi, "A Sensitive and Simple Extractive-Spectrophotometric Method for the Determination of Microgram Amount of Cobalt by Using alpha-Benzilmonoxime", Analytical Sciences, 2001, 17(2), 327-331.
78. H.S. Ghaziaskar and Y. Ikushima, “Continuous Synthesis of Oleyl Oleate in ScCO2 Using Solid PTSA as Catalyst”, Iran. J. Chem. & Chem. Eng., 2000, 19(2), 79-83.
79. H.S. Ghaziaskar and F. Daneshvar, “Extraction of Safflower Seed Oil by scCO2”, J. Japan Oil Chemists’ Society, 1998, 47(11), 1265-1271.
80. E.P.C. Lai and H.S. Ghaziaskar “Noninvasive Spectroscopic Detection of Bulk Polymerization by Stimulated Raman Spectroscopy”, Applied Spectroscopy, 1994, 48, 1011-1014.
81. H.S. Ghaziaskar, W.M. Mullet and E.P.C. Lai, “Stimulated Raman Scattering Activity of Organic Compounds”, Vibrational Spectroscopy, 1993, 5, 337-344.
82. H.S. Ghaziaskar, and E.P.C. Lai, “Internally Amplified Stimulated Raman Scattering”, Spectrochimica Acta, 1993, 49A(7), 1003-1008.
83. L. Kutsera, H.S. Ghaziaskar and E.P.C. Lai, “Flow Injection Analysis for Beryllium Determination with Chrome Azurol S as Chromogenic Agent”, Analytical Letters, 1992, 25(12), 2289-2304.
84. H.S. Ghaziaskar and E.P.C. Lai, “Temperature Effect on Stimulated Raman Scattering in Organic Liquids”, Canadian Journal of Applied Spectroscopy, 1992, 37(4), 111-115.
85. H.S. Ghaziaskar and E.P.C. Lai, “Stimulated Raman Scattering in Analytical Spectroscopy”, Applied Spectroscopy Reviews, 1992, 27(3), 245-288.
86. M.R. Hadgmohammadi and H.S. Ghaziaskar, “Quantitative and Qualitative Determination of Heavy and Toxic Elements in the Fishes Grown in Treated Wastewater and Their comparison with other Fishes”, Iranian Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, 1989, 12, 20-31.